2010 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (DGAC)
NEL Systematic Reviews
The NEL website provides a detailed evidence portfolio for each of the 2010 DGAC’s systematic reviews. Each evidence portfolio in the NEL contains the systematic review questions, conclusion statements, evidence summaries, search plan and results, and worksheets for each article included in the review. The 2010 DGAC Report summarizes the systematic review findings and provides interpretations and implications related to all aspects of the Committee’s Dietary Guidelines review process. To navigate the library:
- Select a topic from the menu on the left to examine the evidence reviewed by the 2010 DGAC.
- Each topic is divided into subtopics of questions reviewed by the Committee.
- By clicking on a subtopic you can access:
- Systematic review questions - Questions formulated by the Committee.
- Conclusion statements - Concise statements that answer the questions based on the Committee's review of the evidence.
- Evidence summaries - Synthesis of the articles included in the NEL evidence-based systematic review, including evidence summary paragraphs for each article considered in the review and a summary overview table.
- Search plan and results - A description of the search parameters and selection criteria used to identify peer-reviewed literature related to the topic of interest. Additionally, the final list of articles included in the review is provided, along with the articles excluded from the review with reasons for exclusion.
- Worksheets - Comprehensive, templated evidence worksheets which summarize key evidence from each study and document the methodological appraisal of the study quality.
Last Updated: 03/11/2013